Thursday, October 2, 2008

I Love Fall!

Isn't this one of the best times of the year?  I just love fall.  Jake and I drove up to Guardsman's Pass on Sunday and WOW it was breathtaking.  I have never seen such gleaming gold leaves!  It was drizzling on and off too, and the smell of rain mixed with mountain fall air made me feel so good!  It was that same feeling I get when Jake tickles my back whenever we are sitting next to each other.  I am so mad we didn't bring our camera but we will be back up there soon.  

Also, this is such a fun date idea:  Last night Jake and I went to the Zoo after hours.  My mom had tickets for us.  We got there at 7:15 right when it was getting dark.  It was SO fun!  The Zoo is totally creepy at night.  We got to see all the animals, mostly in the dark.   It was weird because we were the only ones there and the animals were eating dinner and going to sleep. (There was some conference and BBQ there for the Health Association, and everyone was at the BBQ, so Jake and I were the only ones walking around to see the animals) So it was just me and Jake and these huge animals just enjoying each other's presence.  Jake and I were running around like kids!  Seriously we had a blast.  The gorillas were falling asleep against the glass and we looked them straight in the eye.  This experience was really cool; we realized how peaceful these animals really are.  They sleep, love, and play just like us!  The Zoo is a totally different (and thrilling) place in the dark!  Thanks mom, for such a fun date for Jake and I during the week!!

As I walk to my classroom each morning, I pass the gym.  Well, I know it's October but the kids choir is practicing christmas songs!  That's right, I get to hear children voices singing christmas songs.  Some may think this is totally annoying, but I really love it.  Not only is is Christmas songs, but they are kid's voices!  It really gets me excited for the next few months.

Anyways, Jake and I are just chugging along in life, agreeing it goes way too fast.  I cannot believe we have been married 17 months.  I couldn't ask for anything better than to live/eat/sleep/play with my best friend.  I honestly don't know what I would do without him.  I don't even want to talk about it so I won't.  

But I will say (this is out of nowhere..just popped into my head) I am still amazed and so happy that I got baptized!  I LOVE all my friends who were preparing me starting way back in elementary/middle/high school for November 19, 2005 (the day I got dunked).  You may not have known it then, but you were preparing me for that important decision!!  You know who you are!  You are a huge part in all my conversion talks, you each have a special place in my heart (and testimony) and I love you all.  I can never say thank you enough.    

3 comments:

Alex, Brad, Carly & Devin said...

The zoo sounds way fun. They have this thing called Boo @ the Zoo on October 25, I was thinking about taking alex. All the kids dress up and they have games and stuff, and they get to trick or treat.
I love the fall too! It's so prettty right now!

Chelsea said...

I'm totally missing the changing of the leaves! Where are the pretty pictures? Take some and post them just for me. And btw I'm totally jealous of you going to the zoo. I'll put that on my list of things to do in the near future. LOVE YOU!!!

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

Kim you are too cute...I love the Zoo idea, that would be way fun! And love the kids choir, there is nothing better than Christmas songs at an elementary school. How is your class going, are you still loving teaching? I'm sure the kids just adore you! We all need to get together soon, and tell Jake I said hello!