Sunday, October 26, 2008

It's Halloween already!?

                                     The Big Bad Wolf & Little Red Riding Hood
                                            MY!...What big teeth you have!

                 Out of the hundreds of people, Jake was the only one with a giant mask, it was pretty funny!  Watching him dance was hilarious, poor guy couldn't even see where he was going.

                                              Ooops repeat. Sorry!
                          Big Bad and Little Red out on the back porch.  This house was pretty amazing.
                                         Water break from dancing!
                The Boys: Jake, Kyle (Barney Rubble), and Chris (Mexican)
                                Chris' wife Jen was Border Patrol...so fun!

So Jake and I went to a Halloween Party Friday night.  This millionaire guy asked Kyle's girlfriend Lindy to plan a party for him at his beautiful house behind the capitol.  I doubt he even knew anyone at his own house!  But hey, we got to party at a mansion and see some crazy costumes so I was glad he did it!  I was stoked to go dressed up with Jake because we haven't ever done that in the past.  He was The Big Bad Wolf and I was Little Red Riding Hood.  Haha Jake's costume makes me fall down laughing every time he wears it!  That mask and gloves were at Savers, as well as the nighty.   

Let me tell ya, it has been a while since we have been to a party like this.  It was the typical party with a DJ/dancing, and everything else you would expect.  It was a blast and I think we stayed out later than we have in a while! It was way cool to be up above the Capitol and look out over the city! 

I really have started to love Halloween.  Not only the holiday/costumes/pumpkin carving/candy.  But it also brings a great time of year.  I love the leaves, the crisp air, and the impending feeling of Christmas.  Everything is so cozy and warm.  It seems like in our second year of marriage we have more time to prepare for holidays.  Maybe because we are completely settled.  No matter the reason, I am lovin it!


3 comments:

Ashley King said...

Jake is creeping me out...seriously.

The Haynies said...

We loved your costumes! Here is the link to our blog!

Tracy Peterson said...

Kim, I love your Halloween costumes! I'm so glad that you found my blog too! I miss you and hope that all is well