Friday, April 22, 2011

R.I.P Annie, BSA apparell, & News from Austin

This is a pretty random post but that's life, isn't it?

First of all, I would like to say R.I.P Annie. Our dear African Dwarf Frog, Annie, has passed away. Below is a picture of what an African Dwarf Frog looks like:

We got 2 a few months after we got married, and named them Pedro and Annie. We didn't really know (and still don't) if they really were a boy and a girl. So we just pretended like they were married and the happiest of couples. Annie got really sick and stopped eating like a month ago. She got super skinny and really mopy. Jake tried to save her and bought a heater for their tank because apparently for the last 3 and a half years their water has been too cold! Anyway she died this week and I feel bad for Pedro! We'll see if it really rings true that when the wife dies first the husband is soon to follow :-(


PS Plus Some: If you're wondering if we have "real" pets...No. But someday we'd like a dog and maybe a kitty. But we both want to wait until our kids are old enough to help take care of them. When I graduated from highschool I bought a chocolate lab, Bailey...ADORABLE by the way...and I totally raised that puppy, and boy it's a lot of work! I felt like a teen mom haha. I always asked my mom to take care of her when I wanted to go out. I took her with me alot too though. She was my little buddy. I really miss having a dog! We went hiking, jogging, walking, swimming (in the mountains AND at my friend's house in his pool haha) and she slept with me everynight. She is an old doggy now with a gray beard/mouth and lives with my mom (again making me feel like a teen mom) and I will be devestated when she dies.

On to the next item of business.


The other day Jake got something in the mail that just made me shake my head. Take a look at this piece of work:








aye aye aye! My thoughts on this are going to be brief because I'm already dry-heaving. This does not help with the bad reputation the Boy Scouts of America already has LOL. The description says: "A way-cool way to honor the BSA! Vibrant starburst pattern is highlighted by an abstract fleur-de-lis print on center front." Yeah, wear that shirt to school and you're gonna end up knocked out on the floor in 2 seconds flat. Needless to say, Jake loves everything about his calling except the mail haha.




Last item of business. The other day Austin woke up from his nap saying "da da da da." I was so excited!!! That's the first time he's "said" something, and it's SO fun to watch him do it. He positions his tongue correctly and everything....he's so stinkin' cute when he says it too because I love his toothless little mouth! I've been saying "da da da" to him for a couple months now and am so excited he's saying it back! Go Austin! If you're wondering why I didn't teach him "ma ma" it's because apparently they say their "b"s first (ba ba), then "d"s (da da), then finally their "m"s (ma ma). I know it's probably different for every baby but I figured might as well start with something I know he'll be able to say easily!!

3 comments:

Alex, Brad, Carly & Devin said...

Sorry to see Annie go, but I am pretty sure their life span is only a couple of years. So they are really old!

LOVE the shirt. I say we all chip in so Jake can get one!

Yay Austin!!! Alex said Daddy first too. Although he was making the noises for Mama first so I was sure he would say it first, but no dice. Devin on the other hand did say Mama first. I think it just depends, but the d sound is easier so that's why they start with that first. Sucks knowing you are the one they are with 24 hrs a day!

Chelsea said...

Oh no! Poor annie. Chadburn liked her the most. I live that austin is getting so big and stinkin adorable! Chadburn literally stole my phone from me and ran off so that he could sit and scroll through the pictures. He liked the one of austin and jake the best and the one of you and jake at the top of your blog 2nd. Miss you!

Ashley King said...

Sorry to hear that your beloved Annie has passed on. I hope Pedro is strong and hangs in there. I remember reading on some paperwork from Brekke's pediatrician that typically babies say either "baba" or "dada" first (?). No matter what, he's talking...woohoo! And yes Jake should definitely splurge on that shirt.