Thursday, May 20, 2010

What Are We Having!?.....

Well I WOULD know the answer to that question right now, 2 weeks before the big ultrasound!!! I went to my appointment today, and of course..my luck..Jake didn't come to this one and my nurse asked if I wanted her to take a "sneak peak" just for fun. baaahhh I cannot believe it! I had a slight feeling she would offer that nice little favor because she is just like that: awesome. But Jake couldn't come to this appointment so I HAD to decline. While I was waiting for Dr. Terry to come in to the exam room, I was laughing out loud to myself...just thinking we could totally know what we were having NOW. It was actually very easy to decline, how could I find out without Jake? That's what's so fun about it...finding out together!! But it's kinda fun to imagine knowing whether we've got a mini Jake or a mini Kim.

We find out in 2 weeks. My first instinct as soon as I took the test was boy. But now I think girl. Jake says we are having all girls. My doctor likes to play the heartbeat myth game and guess what we're having by listening to the speed of the heartbeat, so he says girl. My family says girl, little sis says boy. Most of Jake's family says girl, but his mom says boy. I'm sure Jordan's guess is 'lizard' or something kooky like that.

Question: Did you take prenatal/birth classes?? Did you like them? Are they worth it? Or maybe you didn't and feel you did just fine without them? I WANT TO KNOW your thoughts! Thanks!

PS...JAND your baby boy is coming sooooonnnnnn!!!!! HOORAY for baby clarke!
PSS..Excuse my rudeness!! HOORAY for all the July babies!! Dana, Jandie, Carly...you're so close :-)

12 comments:

Carly said...

Well, I can't offer the greatest advice here... seeing as how I've been on bed rest and not been able to take any classes. I've been reading lots and lots of books though! These babies can come any day now so I will for sure let you know how it goes without having had any classes!

Angie and Dallas said...

Oh my gosh Kim, to think you could find out what you are having and you declined?! I would have done the same thing though... maybe. Ha ha. I still think its a boy but I could be... well... 50% wrong. I did take the 3rd trimester class and we liked it. I mainly took it because i was TERRIFIED for labor and delivery so i wanted to know exactly what I was in for. I learned a ton of stuff. They taught us how to breath through contractions and that was really helpful. I say TAKE THEM. You wont regret it!!

Bethany said...

I absolutely believe the heart beat myth. It proved true for both my kids! And my friend, who was an ultrasound tech said it was often true.

You are totally having a girl!

PS I took those classes and, since I read several books on labor and pregnancy, thought they were a waste of money. The information was good, I just already knew what to expect.

Alex, Brad, Carly & Devin said...

Wow! What will power you have! I think I would have declined too though. Just not fair not having your hubby with you!
I did not take the classes. I did know what I was in for though since I have taken emt classes. Seen several births. SO i wasn't too worried. Even though if i didn't i don't know that I would take them. SOmetimes they can freak people out even more. I've heard 50/50 on taking them and wasting your money. It's totally a judgement call.

Kristen said...

Sophie's heartbeat was SUPER fast....so I am going to go with GIRL! Can't wait to find out!

Ali Holt said...

I don't know if I could have waited!!! I think boy only cuz your doc might not have said anything if it were a girl cuz it's not as obvious?! Just my logic! I did not take the classes and labor went great. The nurses were very helpful with breathing and it just all comes to you, it just felt so natural. Your body tells you what to do! I never felt like I was panicking or didn't know what to do. Again, just my logic but it's totally your decision! You will do great either way! Oh I'm so excited for all of these bbies!!!!

Ali Holt said...

Ps one more comment from me. Bostons heart beat was super duper fast, so you never know! He's definitely not a girl! :)

The Alvords said...

I'm guessing boy. I can't wait to find out!

Anonymous said...

Kim! I think it's going to be a girl! I excited to hear what it's going to be! Can't wait!:) yay!!

Ashley King said...

Either way, I'm still calling it OP.

As far as the classes go...I decided that ignorant bliss was a better route for me to go rather than getting all worked up over labor and delivery. I read a bit obviously, but I felt confident in my body knowing what to do when I went in & it was a great experience going in without any expectations. Just my humble opinion :) but I was happy with my decision not to do them.

Brittani said...

My guess is girl for sure, don't know why but I just see you guys with little girlies! As far as birthing classes we took one and thought it was totally a waste of time, read the books and ask your doctor questions. I left more scared than I had ever been after watching a bunch of hippie women give birth natural and naked and to be honest birth was NOTHING like that. In my opinion your time would be better served taking a nursing class, that was something I felt very unprepared for, and wish I had, had some coaching there.

Chelsea said...

I did birthing classes and I felt super bad every time for Chad. They were super detailed and yeah... I thought it was going to be more Lamaze and less lecture. But it wasn't. It was fun getting to know other girls in the area but when you live in Utah you are in no shortage of prego friends. Goooooo Boys!