Monday, May 25, 2009

Two Years Ago...

Well, two years and almost a month ago, we sealed the deal!  I cannot believe we have been married over 2 years.  It honestly has gone by sooo fast.  I feel old!! But I am the happiest I have ever been, and I don't know how I got so lucky marrying Jake.  It all just kind of fell into place!  I have never matched so well with someone, we seriously get into our own world all the time.  I can't even put into words how JOYOUS it makes me feel to know I will spend ETERNITY with my best friend!

To celebrate, we have a tradition of re-creating our special day.  We go to the Salt Lake Temple to do sealings, then go eat at Macaroni Grill downtown (that's where we had our family dinner after getting married).

Here was our day:

We started off by seeing "Earth," a nature film by Disney.  Amazing footage, sad ending (hence my sad face).
Oh and did I mention it was raining that morning, like it was on our wedding day!?
Walking to the Temple.  I tried to make it look like I was balancing the angel Moroni on my finger...but we were in such a hurry we had one shot, and it didn't look so good! Oh well..
It was so nice doing sealings, I love remembering when we did it for ourselves, and remembering the promises Jake and I have made to each other, & the promises/blessings in store for us from the Lord.
At dinner, Jake drew a picture of "us" on the table cover, doing something to "2" candles for our "2" year anniversary...Maybe we are blowing them out??  It looks like we have spaghetti arms haha!
Sometimes our camera takes funky pictures when we turn the flash off. So weird.
A nice man took our picture standing outside the restaurant.  After dinner, we walked around downtown..
And we ran into my old work.  It is so weird to think I use to be a producer!  Fun job, but terribly ugly hours!  The interesting thing about the news industry is that the ones who make the most money (the anchors) once started in a position like mine, and put in all those terrible hours too (not to mention also moved around the country every 1-2 years).  But I still don't think their jobs are ideal.  They have to work weekends, holidays, and either super early or super late everyday.
We are looking through Channel 2's windows (behind the anchor desk)...I am pointing to my old desk.
My sister happened to be playing in a concert that night at the Gallivan Center, so we stopped by to say hello!

It was a great night, and to top it off we went to Yogurt Stop, which most of you know I am grossly obsessed with.  It's kind of gross how much I love that place.  Thank you for reading about our day....peace out suckas!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Happy 2 Years!!!! I can tell you caught a great guy! Congrats you guys!

Ashley King said...

Woohoo...2 years down! Happy happy (late) anniversary. :)

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

Happy Anniversary...You two are so perfect for one another. I've known Jake for awhile and seriously I have never met anyone more perfect for him. Two years sure flies by doesn't it, anyways Congrats again and we need to get together one of these days. Hopefully school is going well, I'll bet you are counting down the days!

Pew Family said...

Happy Anniversary! 2 years, way to go! You guys seem like your a perfect match for eachother! SOOO CUTE!

Vernos said...

O how I miss your face! Glad you had a booger on your finger, a great anniversary, and lots of fun:)