Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Trip Down Memory Lane!!

So I was looking through Jake's pics on our computer, and I stumbled upon these! These are all pictures of us when we were first dating, some even before we were an "official" couple.  WOW does time fly.  That was way back in 2005....HOLY COW.
This picture brings back so many memories.  I was still living with my mom and sister in a condo in Holladay (that is our her couch).  My hair was black, blond, and red all at once.  I was taking the DISCUSSIONS.  So many fun things!
This and snowboarding was what Jake use to spend much of his time doing.  Before his mission he LIVED on the slopes, and I think a little after the mish too.  I am not kidding, you should see what he can do.  It is frightening for me to watch, but it's pretty fun.  A good snow boarder makes for a good wakeboarder.
Some of Jake's friends after a nice day out on the lake.  Good guys!!  
Haha these next pics are so funny.  Let me set up the scenerio:
Back in the August of 2005, I had just finished up my internship at Channel 2 News. I was exhausted and sick of working and interning for no money.  I NEEDED to get out.  My EX-boyfriend, whom I had just recently broken up with (in July) and his friends were going to California for 10 days for a Volleyball tournament.  I invited myself. hmm.  I know, weird huh.  I had known these guys and hung out with them everyday for 4 years, so they were all like big brothers.  

So they said 'yes' and there I was, going on a trip to Cali with my ex and his friends?????  Yeah this is where absent-minded, naive, oblivious, classic KIM comes into play for sure.  So I tell Jake what I am doing (we had been hanging out all summer, more towards July/August).  Turns out, the DAY I told him about my 10-day trip to California with my ex and his friends, he had been making a mix CD just for ME.  AND I totally broke his heart.  (OH and PS: I did not know this little fact until..umm about 6 months ago, now that we are married).  Wow what a brat.  But I promise, it was all innocent.

I truthfully assured Jake I was only going because I needed a MUCH DESERVED vacay.  And NOTHING was going to happen between Neil and I...we were most definitely OVER.  But HEL-LO of course it still ripped him apart.  Gosh I am so sorry Jake!! I still feel terrible...

But anyway, the GREATEST part of this story was that it just so happened that Jake, Bill, Jandie, and Tyson were all going to CALIFORNIA for a friend's wedding!! And they would be showing up after I had been there for like 6 days.  So Jandie and Jake (or maybe just Jandie) said: "Hey you should just meet up with us and drive home with us!"   WOW what a wonderful idea, and I was ALL for it, without question.

Hahaha so I tell Neil that I am NOT going home with him and that Jake, Jandie, Bill and Tyson were going to pick me up and that I would be going home with THEM instead.  Neil told me if he had known that was going to happen he wouldn't have let me go with him to Cali in the first place!! He was pretty pissed but still a good sport about the matter. Oh dear, it's just such a funny situation.  

So mid-way through my Cali trip with my ex and his friends...eh hem MY friends too...I beg any one of them (there were like 10) to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE drive me to the airport (our meeting spot) so Jandie and Jake could come get me.  Well Dustin Watts, my hero, had mercy and said he would take me (thank you Dusty Baker!).  Needless to say we journeyed way out to the airport, and he left me on a random sidewalk at the airport for the "trade-off."  Just me and my bags.  And I sat there for a little while, awaiting my new ride and new group of friends (and little did I know, future husband!)  I sat and sat in the hot sun...waiting.  Then, just around the corner I see my white chariot, aka Tyson's car, arriving, full of excited boys and one excited girl (they had been driving all day from Salt Lake).  And off I went, for the 2nd portion of my Cali trip...

Anyway it was a funny situation, and I still laugh about it to this day.  I traveled to Cali with one group and went home with another.  San Diego was a BLAST with Jake and, well, I must say that was the first time we cuddled.. haha..  But we DID NOT kiss.  Man I think I was just really nervous, and he had just had surgery on his mouth so it might not have worked anyway.  But yeah...we even walked on the beach at night...and no kiss....hahahha cracks me up to this day.


Trying to catch some shut eye on the long ride home.

We enjoyed Tyson's attire on that trip.  He also slept in a nightgown.  Yes a full-length night gown.
Haha I think the sun was getting to us!
Me and Jand.  I miss our trips to the beach Jandie!

3 comments:

Heather Strong said...

I love seeing pictures of those guys! I know, its so creepy that I keep commenting on your blog and I've never met you! Oh, I just wish my husband's friends were as cool as your husband's friends! Well, you know both of them!! Ha ha.

Carly Lynn Dent said...

HAHAHA... I love silly of stories like that. Dave and I have PLENTY!! And once upon a time, in the midst of dating, I went on a road trip with MY ex and all his friends! We are cool :)

Pew Family said...

What a funny story! I love it! You and Jake are so perfect for eachother. Your both so hilarious!