Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Austin Turns One!

Well I guess Austin is officially not a baby anymore, which is so sad!! He will always be my baby though. His birthday was a month ago today, so now he is even getting closer to 15months! We had a great, laid back birthday party with our families; I couldn't have asked for a better get together for our little one :)

I am no cake decorator but was determined to make his cake myself. I am not on pinterest and now am thinking I should be! But seriously, I had so much fun making his first birthday cake. I cannot take credit for the cupcakes...My sis-in-law Alex did them! I just told her what I wanted and she delivered :) thanks for your labors Alex haha! I should also say Jake cut the legs for the spiders, and we all decided he needed to quit when we did the math and found out we needed 96 legs for a dozen cupcakes. Five was enough at that point!
And a big thanks to my other sis-in-law Loraca for taking all the pictures. I am horrible and taking pics and was so happy to have like a hundred (haha!) pics of this night!

Not sure yet about the cake...


This picture cracks me up. Paparazzi!! The looks on our faces are priceless lol.


He mostly got frosting..which is the best part anyway, right?




The flashing cameras, swooning loved ones, and sugar overdose got to him, and he was done hahaha poor guy!

Uncle Ryan! Austin loves his uncles.


Grandma Tammy and aunt Kristina!


Present time! He was so sick of being cleaned off I didn't dare wipe the last bit of frosting off his face.




My sister put together a video montage of Austin from birth to now, it was so so awesome, I loved it. A tear-jerker for sure!

With aunt Alex and uncle Ryan, in his brand new GLOW IN THE DARK pj's! Pretty sure I want a pair of those myself :)


Papa and Grandma Jaime


The Peterson side

aunt Loraca and uncle Jordan!


With daddy, feeling his beard haha

By the end of the night he was pretty sleepy. He loved it when my mom rubbed his face with this blanket.








My little helper


Our family on Halloween (forgot my whiskers oops)


He fell completely asleep eating lunch the other day...


Austin John at 12 Months:


- 20lbs (20%) 29 1/2"..that is a guess (60%) and head still 100+% The doctor hinted towards fattening him a up a bit since he dropped too much percentage wise. Like putting butter on his toast, things like that. Which made sense to me because it seemed like he was ALWAYS hungry. Now things have evened out. He is getting his 2nd flu shot tomorrow so we'll see how his weight is.


- he jibber jabbers a ton, to me it sounds like "warbling" and also tries words like kitty, toast, banana, night night, to name a few


- He has some toys he can push/walk around the house. He seriously goes crazy with them. He runs, turns, backs-up, crashes into people and things on purpose. I am tempted to hide them for a week and see if he will just try walking without them. He can stand on his own for a short while. But still no attempt at walking alone.


-Working on his 8th tooth


- Loves to rough-house with daddy


-tries to do somersaults on his own


-he was officially off the bottle 4 days after he turned 1. I didn't really expect him to care, and he didn't. It was as if he never even had a bottle. He absolutely loves cow's milk, he gulps it down! He probably drinks about 10-15 ounces a day, plus the other dairy I give him he should be ok in that department. He also loves water. Not a fan of juice, which is fine with me. I have been wanting to try smoothies.. I think he would love them. Plus I can sneak some veggies (his worst enemy unfortunately) into them.


- Favorite foods: oatmeal, pancakes, oranges, goldfish, chocolate chip cookies fresh out of the oven (that's my boy!), grilled cheese, spaghetti, bananas, pears, blueberries, bread, frozen yogurt... to name a few.


-Takes one nap a day, going down between 12:30 and 1. He usually sleeps 2-3 1/2 hrs. He goes to bed around 9 and wakes up between 6:30-7:30. Yes, 6:30!!!


-He loves to dance, whenever he hears music he will just break out his moves. He dances to anything! Church hymns, rap, kid tunes, rock, daddy singing, you name it! It's hilarious. He bounces his knees, shakes his head, throws his hands around; it is so dang cute.


- Tries to put his own socks and shoes on, also hats.


-Hates getting his teeth brushed!


- Loves to be a part of whatever we are doing. He will "help" and get right in the middle, which actually means he gets in the way, but it's fine! We will miss that one day when he wants nothing to do with us!


- Can unroll an entire roll of TP in 10 seconds. Likes to lift the lid on the toilet (which is a big no no!)


-Has roaring/yelling matches with daddy at any given time


- when he is done eating he either tries to say "all done" or swipes his food on the floor


-loves the radio and asks for it to be turned on whenever he is eating


- for some reason is obsessed with my headbands and puts them on haha


- is perfectly content riding in the stroller for the 50 minutes it takes me to go for a run


- doesnt have the patience at this point for reading an entire book..he will turn the pages until it's over then grabs a new one


- Likes to look at cars driving by and makes a roaring noise


- will dip his face in the water during a bath and is so proud of himself after he does it!


-Has had a balloon pop while biting it, and also while laying on one..and it didn't scare him thank goodness.


-Likes to cuddle in the morning in his rocker when he wakes up



I know I am missing some, but at least I got a good list of the things I don't want to forget! Austin is our world, and we cannot imagine not ever having him. We just can't imagine not having children at all. This past year has seriusly taught me some lessons on unconditional love, patience, and the biggest one of all..selflessness. How incredibly HAPPY I am to focus all my time and energy on someone other than myself. I get a TINY glimpse of how God feels towards us. Jake and I are in awe of how amazing it is to be parents, and to see both of us in our little guy! We would do anything for Austin, and only want him to be happy. We are sad to see him grow up, but excited to see what this next year will bring :)



1 comment:

The Alvords said...

Happy birthday Austin! He is so cute. I can't believe our babies are already this old!