Monday, September 26, 2011

Eleven!

Holy smokes! My little boy will be ONE in about 20 days. I am so excited. I have always said I love watching him grow up but every time someone looks at me after watching him cruise and says "he is going to be walking soon, you know" I cry or hold back the tears. Walking is just a big milestone and I am not ready for him to do that. I keep seeing this image in my head of him standing by himself in his room, looking at me. I am standing across from him, looking at him thinking "now what. You can do what I can do." This image breaks my heart. Oh babies, why must you grow up so fast...

Well my computer is currently not reading my camera, so I cannot upload the newest pics so you have to put up with my blah blah blahs.

Currently, Austin:

-is thinning out. Or so people say. When I hold him, he feels more solid, probably because he is building muscle with all his activity!

- loves being chased, especially as he climbs up the stairs

-has 6 teeth (2 of which are half way out)

-you can ask him "what does a lion say?" and he will GROWL like a lion... grrrr!!! (video below)

-attempts pat-a-cake

-"dances" to music

-cruises around the room, along every piece of furniture, even his diaper pail. And if there is no furniture he will somehow cling to a wall and walk along it. I have a spiderman on my hands!

- likes to put things on his head. Bowls, cups, lids, toys..

-is growing out of his seperation anxiety

-had his first nasty bad yucky cold. we're talking a nose that runs like a faucet, a cough that makes him throw up some of his bottle in the morning, and he has turned into one of "those kids" with the yucky snot nose (you all know what I am talking about) But I am enjoying the extra cuddle time!

-takes one nap a day, and sometimes needs a cat nap around 4:30. His main nap is anywhere from 1 1/2 hrs to 3 1/2 hrs. Bedtime a little after 9, sleeps until 7 or 7:30.

-Loves kitties and doggies. Not afraid of them (yet?)

-Has a love/hate relationship with the vaccuum

-Has started mini-(and very minor) temper tantrums. yay.

-Used to bite (not maliciously) but thanks to some good advice from Ashley (just ignore it), has promptly stopped.

-Knows his bedtime routine by heart, and therefore will take his binky out on his own, and place it on the ottoman after we're done reading our bedtime books. I use to pull it out and put it there myself. Then eventually he would spit it out into my hands...and now he just does it all haha. Bottom line is he knows it doesnt go to bed with him.

Austin is so fun and Jake and I really cannot stand the thought of him turning into a big boy. I cannot describe what it's like to love someone else the way we love Austin. We would sacrifice anything for him in an instant. We are so proud of our little boy and couldn't ask for a more wonderful son. I can see why people keep having babies, they are too addicting! Don't get any ideas, the other day I was looking at pictures of me the day Austin was born and boy, I don't think I am ready to be pregnant again yet :) Only time will tell....

**Somehow the "quality" of this video got lost in translation from my phone to my mom's phone to my email to my computer to blogger (!) so don't worry it's not your computer. And sorry you can't even see his face haha (I was thinking maybe it's pointless to post this) but you get the idea of his lion growl.

5 comments:

Alex, Brad, Carly & Devin said...

Is he already that old. I can't believe it!
You never know he might end up like Devin. Everyone said she was going to walk early and at almost 14 months only walk a little bit and mostly crawls. Which I am definitely not complaining about that.
He is so cute. Can't wait for all of them to be running around during bbq's!

Anonymous said...

He is so cute kim! We love this little guy! I can't believe he is almost one, how time flys!

Ashley King said...

Awe, I love that kid! He is such a stud. Glad that solved the biting issue, that can really get out of hand. Sorry about his sickness though, that sounds horrible.

The Alvords said...

Hahahahaha his lion growl is the cutest thing I've ever heard! I can't believe how quickly our babies are growing up. It breaks my heart.

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

So stinking cute...he is growing up so fast! Love that he knows his night time routine, so funny!