Tuesday, February 1, 2011

3 months going on 4

We just love our little boy! As usual, it is sad that he is growing up so fast, but it is so dang fun to watch him learn and change! So he'll be 4 months in just a couple weeks, but I felt like I needed to do a post now because I think I'm falling behind.

Austin is so much fun, he makes us laugh everyday. His little personality is starting to show and it makes us so excited. He seriously LOVES Jake. He goes wild when he sees him. He'll stare at him, then smile, then laugh and talk talk talk to his daddy. They are cute best pals and I know in the future Austin will want to do everything Jake does.

Christmas morning. We got him a Rudolph stocking because we think he looks like Rudolph (the big dark eyes)! He was quite excited about his teething toy lol.
My Aunt made him this beanie and blanket, he was so silly when we put it on him..

He absolutely loves to stand and jump so ofcourse he loves to be in his saucer. It's so fun to watch him play in it.

See he looks like Rudolph, right!?

Jake decided to make him look like a "bully" so he rolled his sleeves. Looks pretty dangerous if you ask me ;-)

I put him in the rocker for a minute while I put on some music, and I thought he looked so cute just sitting there looking up at me. And tell me, what's with those jammies? They are the only pair that don't snap completely shut over the diaper..so weird!


I went to get him from his nap the other day and somehow he'd gotten the fuzzy blanket off, broke his feet through his swaddle, and got his socks off. How funny..

The "dangerous" television! He gets sucked in if we're not careful! He just stares at it. He's currently watching The Bachelor in this pic. But only for a minute...He doesn't need that rubbish haha. And wow his arm looks to be quite large in this pic!

Just loves to sit with daddy..
Austin is such a happy little guy. I am so excited that he is awake more and can play with me. I love being home with him and helping him learn and grow! It's fun to have a little buddy to take on errands too. I cannot wait for the weather to warm up, because it will be so fun to play outside, plus he'll be even older so he'll enjoy exploring outside with me! We still go on runs in the jogger but let's be honest it'll be more enjoyable when he's not bundled up!
What's New:
-Well let's talk reflux first. All I can say is it's been a pain the butt for poor little Austin. He's been on medication since his 2nd day of life! A few weeks ago we switched to Prevacid (from Zantac) and it really hurt his tummy. He stopped eating like usual. So I took him off it, and it took him a good week to get his appetite back. Good thing he had some extra "padding" to keep warm haha. But now, he's been off ALL reflux meds for 2 weeks and he seems to be doing really well! I hope it keeps up. The Dr said babies start to outgrow it by 3 months so let's hope he is!!
-Austin is a great eater now, but also gets sidetracked after about 10-15 minutes. He squirms and talks and smiles and looks around. I'm trying to get him to eat faster so I switched to a new bottle and it's working...except when he's really side tracked! Oh well at least he eats! He'll eat anywhere from 3-80z in a feeding.
-He's doing great at sleeping at night..He goes to bed between 9-10 and wakes up at 7 so I LOVE that!!! Hopefully he keeps it up :-)
-We're starting to slowly get on a good schedule. It all depends on when he wakes up though. But he definitely has the same bedtime each night because he get super grumpy and really jittery if he's up late!
-It's so fun to watch him play. He can focus on his toys and grap them and pull them up to his mouth..He really likes to suck on the toys. It's so cute to watch him grab things, it's got to be so frustrating getting those little hands to cooperate!
-Lately he's been doing the cutest thing. A while ago, Jake started blowing raspberries at Austin (just blowing air through his lips) and just 2 days ago, Austin started doing it back to us!! We'll do it back and forth..and he just does it by himself too. It's seriously so funny. He does it alllll day long, even when he wakes up in the morning, he just lays there in his crib and blows raspberries. I go through so many bibs now, because the slobber is out of control haha.
-He loves to stand with our help ofcourse, and also does "sit-ups" now whenever he's in a reclined position. I guess he just wants to be a big boy and sit!
He's been such a joy in our life, and we can't wait to continue to watch him grow!
On a side note...to whoever watches The Bachelor...ummm Michelle is C-R-A-Z-Y!!!!! She is giving Utah chicks a bad rep!! Jake says every show needs a villain even reality shows...And she totally is!









5 comments:

The Alvords said...

Isn't it bitter-sweet watching them grow up. I love hearing his updates and I'm glad everything is going so well.

Ashley King said...

Love the "tough guy" look haha, but he can't be a bully, he's just too sweet! Too cute about him doing raspberries back...I love when they start "learning" stuff like that!

The Richards said...

Thank goodness for blogs... he has changed so much since I last saw him and I love the updates. I think the raspberries are the cutest thing and it is so funny that he does it all the time. One of my favorite things is to listen to my boys in the morning... as long as they aren't screaming.

Pew Family said...

He is so adorable! I love that picture when his eyes are all big, so cute! He has such beautiful olive skin, lucky little guy! You look great of course!

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

So fun to see how dang cute little Austin is...Love the bulley picture (I was cracking up!) We still need to get our two munchkins together...it may be a love connection (ha ha ha!)

P.S. Michelle is Crazy, but maybe he deserves her because he is a little weird himself (ha ha ha!)