Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Finally

January 8th. The day I finally went for a run. Time? 8ish in the morning. Weather? Incredibly smoggy. Temperature? Pretty dang cold. But that's ok because running in the cold is one of my favorites. I don't care if my lungs were polluted. It felt grrreat!


I had an idea once. To run a relay race this summer. Over zealous? Probably! I remember a couple years ago I was "going to run a half." Then I got sick of waking up at 4am and running 7miles. Then there were those Saturday 10mile runs. I just didn't like running anymore. And that scared me. So I did not do the half but I kept running a ton. And I was once again in love with it. I feel like a rebellious teenager, who will do things at their own pace and because they want to...but the minute they HAVE to do something, then they hate it. I am weird!

Anyway I truly truly LOVE running. It's one of those things that is hard but extremely rewarding and the more you do it, the easier it gets...but then once you get to that easy point that means it's time to push yourself harder haha. I am very very excited to start that pushing once again. My first run was awesome and my body smiled the entire time.


On to my other love...my family! Austin is going to be 3months this Saturday. Wow! Poor guy is going bald and getting chubbier I swear daily. I told Jake Austin reminds me of George Castanza. He wasn't so happy about that comment! His baby hair is on his crib sheets, it's so sad! But his new 'big boy' hair is already growing in so that's good. He is just getting so big. I swear it's because I have to formula feed him in addition to breastmilk. It really bothers me he has to drink formula. I've read that formula fed babies eat more because the signal in their brain that tells them they are full doesn't work that well compared to exclusively breast fed babies. What are ya gonna do? Hopefully my silly body will make enough milk for the next baby!
First day in his Bumbo. He was in awe...looking at the world from a whole new perspective! My mom said "where are his pants!?" But don't worry mom he usually wears pants..Our home is nice and toasty though so "no pants day" happens occasionally. Look at those long legs..just like daddy!

Headed out to run some weekend errands! It's fun to watch Jake and Austin. Lately, Jake will come home or be going to work while Austin is eating. He will come over and talk to Austin while he's eating. Austin forgets to eat and just smiles and gets all excited he gets to talk to daddy. Then when Jake walks away Austin gets upset and starts yelling and looking around for dad to come back! So funny! I get impatient though because I just want him to eat (he's a slow eater to begin with) but who am I kidding it's pretty dang cute he loves his daddy so much!



4 comments:

Ashley King said...

Such a cute little family pic! He is a chubber but seriously, we love him that way! :)

Yay for running. I just can't bring myself to run in this weather, but I sure miss it. Go Kim go!

Carly said...

I wish I loved running the way you. I have a strictly hate relationship with running :) Maybe I should work on that... Your baby boy is too cute! They grow so fast :)

The Alvords said...

Isn't it crazy how fast they grow? It breaks my heart to see it happening so quickly. Austin is adorable. I'm so excited you are back to running!

Kristina said...

sister i was formula fed and i am fine :)