Tuesday, August 24, 2010

32 Big Ones

I have absolutely loved being pregnant. Seriously the most miraculous thing! Our little guy actually feels like a big guy now, with his rolling, punching, and tremendous ability to distort my tummy. My favorite thing in the world is when Jake feels/sees his son and the look on his face when it happens. I haven't blogged in a while and I've had all these things I've wanted to talk about! ps I'm 32 weeks, hence the title. *sorry, I have a belly pic ready to post but am having issues loading it to our computer..Hopefully it's coming soon! Just picture me a lot bigger than you thought I could get ;-)




Here are some interesting and funny quirks I've experienced (these are all facts. not complaints):


1. I fell out of the bed a couple weeks ago. I was actually climbing back into bed (ours is has high as a dresser) and I slipped and fell backwards, plopping onto the floor. How embarassing. My hilarious mom asked me if I needed child rails. It startled Jake and how lovely to be picked up by your husband and helped back into bed. The last time that whole scenerio happened? I was 3.

2. I have Braxton Hicks contractions everyday, and they began at 29 weeks. They are getting stronger each week. I get like 10 a day and somedays they happen every 10 minutes, but not for an hour straight which is when my doctor said to call. They are so funny, which makes them not real, right! Except sometimes they make me feel like I'm going to pee my pants! But boy oh boy when the real ones come, I assume I will not think they are so funny.

3. I have ridden a JAZZY. Yes. Oh please, it wasn't on purpose. I was at Wal-Mart, "buying big lady bras" as Jake told the story to his family (they got a kick out of that....and my red face). I was on my way through the parking lot, approaching the doors. This old man was unloading his groceries from his Wal-Mart Jazzy into his car. I was really hoping he wouldn't ask me to help him cause I was just tired that day. Well guess what, it was my lucky day because he INSISTED I RIDE THE JAZZY as I shopped. He told me to get in it. I said "no thanks" three different times in three different, very polite, ways. He jokingly pulled out a card that said he was a retired Sheriff and once again insisted I ride the Jazzy. Oh my gosh. So I finally gave in, cause really he wasn't going to let me get out of there without driving that thing. So there I am, sitting on the stupid thing. Then he starts talking to me about his grandkids and how there are 3 and how they are living in his basement and blah blah...the whole while I'm sweating to death due to humiliation and heat. He actually was a reallllly nice guy, and we had a great conversation. It's not everyday you enjoy something like that at Wal-Mart. Well he finally went on his way and left me to drive my pregnant self into the store, purse in lap. Mmhmmm It sure was embarassing.

4. This nice lady in our ward..she is hilarious. A couple weeks ago she was like "are you sure there's only one in there!?" Then this past Sunday she told me "better not sneeze!" I love her, she is so funny, and I don't mind the comments one bit! Also at the temple one of the workers asked me "is this just a single baby?" I guess I'm sticking out pretty far??

5. While Jake was camping one night I woke up with the most excruciating pain in my calf. I felt it and it was as if there was a golf ball in it. My muscle was hard as a rock and yes, in a ball. I could barely breath it hurt so bad. If Jake was home, he probably would have thought I was going into labor by the pain sounds I was making! My calf is better, sans golf ball pain.


6. Being pregnant is a glimpse of childhood...or being elderly, you choose. Jake: shaves my legs, trims/paints my toenails, helps me back into bed, and picks things up off the ground for me. I sleep with 4 pillows. Drying off after a shower, and bathroom visits require more effort than I imagined! I don't sleep through the night. I have a hard time getting into our bed and need a step stool. Let's just say am very similar to Jake's 95 year old grandpa.


7. Our Bishop classifies my belly whenever he sees me. It has moved from basketball to beach ball in case yo u are wondering :-)


8. Once a long long time ago, I was in Florida and decided on a whim to get my belly button pierced. And I did. 80 bucks later: I had a cute little blue gem and a sore belly button. 4 weeks later: it came out while tubing. 9 years later: here I am with a big baby belly and regretting that decision. The scar is red, shiny, stretched, and crooked.

9. I've been in two car accidents...luckily each was not severe and the baby is doing great. But seriously, can we stop with those stressful events??



I want to stress that these are just funny things about being 8 months pregnant, they all make me laugh because it's just funny to me. I really cannot complain one bit. This pregnancy has been very easy and heck I'll go through anything just to get a baby into this world!


I went to the Doctor last Thurs and everything is looking great. My measurement is on track, and he'll start checking me..or as Jandie would say..the "fun" visits begin in 3 weeks. Our baby's head is down, and has been since last visit so I HOPE he stays. He's REALLY been pushing down onto my cervix, which hurts but it makes me excited! He's just getting ready to come, smart baby!

6 comments:

Alex, Brad, Carly & Devin said...

WOW! Your pregnancy has been very eventful. Hopefully your after birth isn't as eventful as mine was. I had braxton hicks too. I was always hoping they were real contractions but never were!
The "fun" visits are nice just cause you know you are almost done! Of course the "fun" part isn't really that much fun, but I am sure you know that!

Ashley King said...

Love this! :) I don't think the "fun" appointments are that bad personally. And I love your "beach ball"! Have your BH contrax taken your breath away yet? They would like constrict my lungs so I could barely breathe (like a huge weight was on my chest...weird!).

Can't believe OP will be here in less than 2 months!

Carly said...

Oh... this post brings me back to the day! I used to ride the JAZZY every time we went grocery shopping! haha. I was always quite embarrassed as well. Miss having Dave shave my legs for me. Good times! Good times!

The Richards said...

Since I haven't seen you for quite some time the "beach ball" reference was really helpful. Haha. I can't believe you are 32 weeks! It feels like it has gone by so fast, but I'm sure that's because I'm not the one thats pregnant.

The Alvords said...

You're so close! I know that crotch pressure all too well. I was so excited because at 35 weeks I was at a 1.5 and was 70% effaced. I'm now 37 weeks and have not progressed one teeny bit. I want to cry, I just want her here already! She has dropped and the doc can feel her when she checks me, but for some reason I'm not dialating any more. Ugh. Oh, and just so you know- the physical exam visits aren't that bad. I had myself all freaked out before my first but they're really nothing to worry about. Sorry about the ranting. I am so excited for you guys! You will make the best mom ever. I want to see a new belly picture!

Kara said...

You are almost ready to pop! awesome! My very favorite baby book is "The Baby Whisperer" by Tracy Hogg! For baby feeding (that won't be for at least 4-6 mo) I like, "Super Baby Food" by Ruth Yaron. Also good are, "Becoming Baby Wise" and "Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child" (or something like that. I read everything I could get my hands on. As far as labor and delivery goes I read the internet! Everyone's experience is so different there is no way of planning for it but you'll do awesome, mostly because you are so darn positive about the whole pregnancy thing!