Thursday, October 1, 2009

Huskies/Bengals Game

One of Jake's Young Men plays on Brighton's Varsity football team, so we decided to head out and cheer him on last night. Of course with me being a BENGAL and Jake being a HUSKIE we chose that game to attend! It was so much fun! Jake and I both love the "feeling" of fall rolling in....and football games are on the list of reasons.

*Final score: Brighton 49 Hillcrest 10 ....GO BENGALS!


My Huskie...Who Let the Dogs Out!? PS Jake tried to make me sit on the Hillcrest side...It felt so wrong to me! So he conceded and we finally headed over to the RIGHT side and sat with the Brighton fans.

You can see with our sidelines packed and counting the players on the field, Brighton had about 100 players total...Hillcrest had no more than 30...what's up with that Hillcrest?
Remember the student section!? Never sitting down, socializing, flirting...so fun.
Pretty sure I never wore anything like this to a game! But she looked cute!
Mr. Kyle Whittingham (Head coach of U of U football) and his wife showed up at the game, his son plays for Brighton. I don't know why that pic is so blurry!
Another memory of high school games: congregating behind the stands to "hang out." Not even watching the game!
I had to compare the fan turn-out. Brighton is above, Hillcrest below. But by the end of the game, Brighton had those bleachers pretty full!!

Tried 3 times to get a good picture of us...
But ended up with this :-)
Oh and this week I got a little surprise from 2 Kindergarten moms...They somehow heard what happened and brought me these beautiful flowers!

7 comments:

Ashley King said...

wait, so would that make Jake a "super x9 senior" & you a super x8? lol those flowers are gorgeous! Oh and I must throw in a GO HUSKIES!

Heather Strong said...

Man when did Hillcrest get so LAME?? I swear their football team has been zilch since like our sophomore year. I guess having the head coach pass away and all has something to do with it? Now I feel like a jerk!

Kristen said...

GO BHS!!!! I would love to go to a Brighton Football game. I used to love them! Glad you had fun!

P.S. beautiful flowers. Hope everything is going well!

Katherine said...

that's so funny, we were at the game too. not because we had someone to cheer on though, we just go for cheap entertainment and Lily loves it!

Alex, Brad, Carly & Devin said...

Go BENGALS! Poor hilllcrest. They kind of suck apparently. Love your flowers! So gorgeous!

Carly Lynn Dent said...

Hillcrest sucks :( Pretty sure it's going to be non-existent soon enough.

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

That is too bad that Hillcrest didn't represent like they used to in the 70's (ha ha ha!) The flowers are georgeous! It was so fun to hang out with you guys we will have to get together to watch "Hot Rod" one of these days!