Monday, September 21, 2009

Keeping the Poopy In

I know, the title is probably too much, right? But it's really just a normal thing you hear when you're around 5 year olds.

Well today my kids were lining up after recess. I always count them, to make sure I am not missing any (you would be surprised at how many teachers DON'T do this!). Well I was missing one. The weird thing is, they always know who it is that's missing.

So we determined who it was. They kept telling me he was "still on the playground." I couldn't see him anywhere! Finally, we found him hiding behind one of the portables. He is honestly one of the cutest kids in my class, and so sweet. He was crouched up, with his hood all the way over his face, head down....sobbing. Here is our conversation from there:

Me: "What's wrong!? Why are you crying?"
Him: (I could barely make out what he was saying between his sobs) "My m-m-mom is g-g-going to killll mmeeeee.." (lots and lots of tears)
Me: "Why? What happened? What did you do?"
Him: "My mom is going to KILLLL MEEEE!!! She is going to put me in time-out!!!"
Me: "Tell me what happened.."
Him: (still sobbing) "I tried and tried to keep the poopy in, but I just couldn't! It just came out, but I tried not to let the poopy out!"

Needless to say the poor kid was super embarrassed and very disappointed in himself. I felt so bad for him!! I told him everybody has accidents...and he just said "But I have them too much."
I called his mom and walked him to the office so he could go home and change. I have heard my fair share of #2-stories, but this one just breaks my heart!! Here's to tomorrow being a better day..

4 comments:

Ali Holt said...

awwwww, poor guy!!!! Thats one his mom needs to write in the journal and tell at his wedding!

Alex, Brad, Carly & Devin said...

Oh poor little guy! I just love your kindergarden stories.

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

Sad, that really melts your heart. Gotta love the bathroom stories in elementary school.

Ashley King said...

lol poor little dude! i knew a good poo story was coming any day now ;)