Tuesday, March 27, 2012

La la la-la, Austin's World...

Austin's World consists of running, climbing, babbling alllllll daaaay looong, playing outside a ton, and basically getting in to every possible thing in every corner of our home! If I didn't clean up after him you would literally think a tornado blew through! But he is a good helper and cleans up his toys when asked (we'll see how long that lasts).

Anyway we finally cut his hair..almost a month ago. It took us a couple weeks to decide if we should cut it ourselves or have someone else do it. Jake was confident he could do it, but we were both dreading keeping him entertained since it would have taken us forever..being the amateurs we are!
I found a good coupon (I refuse to pay a full $15 for my 17mo to get his hair cut!) to Cookie Cutters and off we went:


We were pleased with how good he was. He watched Curious George, honked his car horn, and held on to Jake's finger the WHOLE time lol. It helps that he had his binky in...that always keeps him pretty calm.   He seriously sat still during the whole 10 minutes it took to cut his hair. I've never seen him hold still that long. Go Austin! He loved his balloon and sucker of course.


Austin is always bringing us our shoes to put on. It was a really warm day last week when he brought me Jake's snow boots... Then wanted me to put my running shoes on!


He LOVES blueberries. He will eat like 2 lbs if I let him...which one time I let him eat a full 2 cups and boy that was a mistake. His Uncle Jordan was babysitting him that night and was lucky enough to change that diaper!!



Just hanging out with Daddy! 


This morning I was debating on whether or not to take Austin running with me, then I had the thought to take him to Wheeler Farm. My mind was made up quite easily! I feel guilty going running so much lately, it's time away from my buddy in the mornings. So the decision to take him to the Farm was a no brainer.


The animals were so fun. They were eating their breakfast, and they were all sooo loud! The ducks/geese especially! The pic below makes me laugh. They were all honking so loud, like yelling at us "Get out! This is our area!" And I felt really strange walking through them, like I didn't belong. They were surrounding us yelling HONK HONK!!! Austin was mystified.



Spring babies!!



Austin tried to feed most of the animals we saw, it was pretty cute.


See you at Thanksgiving, turkey!! (sad!)


This calf was 5 weeks old :)




Austin loved running around and exploring..




He kept climbing hills then running down them





He really wanted the goat's ball..


Climbing the goat fence!


Tuckered out, having a snack!

No comments: