Saturday, March 27, 2010

Joining the Club!

Nothin' but gratitude in my heart!! We have a little one on the way! How freakin cool is that. Honestly the last 6 months have been the most trying in my entire 26 years. But never have I learned as much as I have (about faith, trust in the Lord, and the atonement). And now we couldn't be more thrilled!! I think my heart is going to explode with happiness as I type this!




The Journey Thus Far:
Yes I took THREE tests. Ok so let me explain! So I was extremely ancy to get pregnant again immediately after our bad news (we're talking minutes). It was the beginning of February when Jake had to, for probably the 3rd time, calm me down and help me remember things will happen when they're suppose to. Then the day after my birthday (Feb 16) I worked up the courage to take a test. I looked at the results soon after and I didn't see anything. I went to wash my hands and came back and yep there was something BARELY there...Like I wasn't sure. I was already late for a hair appointment, so I just left the test on the bathroom floor and went to Megan to get my hair done. You can probably guess what was on my mind the entire time. I get back home and take a second one..which the line was even more faint (stupid dollar store). So I went to the store and bought a decent test. And yes it was quite clear to me by then. I threw them all into a ziplock and immediately drove up to Jake's work, praying the whole time saying thank you thank you thank you. He was stoked!! The rest of the day was bliss.

My doctor and nurse are absolutely amazing. When I scheduled my first appt, my nurse found out my history and right then said to come in the next morning for an HCG draw. I seriously have the best nurse (thank you to all of you who referred Dr. Terry to me...wow I have never been treated so well). His nurse continued to have my HCG tested every other day for about 2 weeks...making sure it was doubling. Which it totally was. Then once I hit 6.5 weeks she ordered an ultrasound, and boy that was a nerve racking day! But here it is!!
The baby is soooo tiny! The baby is the white blob on the left, and if you can see that white "ring" to the right of the baby, that is the yoke sac. Apparently the yoke sac is what nourishes the baby until the umbilical cord gets connected to the placenta, then the placenta takes over. I was SO relieved to see a little heartbeat!

I continued to have an ultra sound every week, so I have had 5 so far...it's honestly been such a relief to do this. I have been able to watch the baby grow weekly and it is just so amazing. I didn't post all the ultrasounds but here is the most recent:
Baby at 9weeks. You can see the tiny little legs there on the left, and of course a cute little profile of the whole body. That ring thing I am assuming is the yoke sac still, and then you can barely see the glimmer of part of the umbilical cord connecting from the baby to the ring thing. According to this ultra sound, I'm due the end of October..like the 28th.

Jake saw the little legs moving up and down, flittering really fast, alternating right then left. I think the baby's already preparing to be a runner (like mom) or a cyclist (like dad) haha. I missed that but saw the arm wave right after. We got to hear AND see the heartbeat this time...so awesome.

It's all just so amazing, and babies are such a miracle, no matter what your situation is! I love everything about it. Now I have joined the Club...you know, along with all you other pregos out there. We are just so happy......

15 comments:

The Haynies said...

YAY!! We are so excited for you!! Let's just hope you have a girl!

Ali Holt said...

Kim I thrilled for you!!! Babies are definitely a miracle, I am another one to attest to that! Congrats congrats! I hope it's a boy so he can run around with our little dudes, and if it's a girl, she's going to have quite the pick of the litter! So happy for you, can't say it enough!!!

l.k. said...

Kim! Is it Dr. Steven Terry? He delivered me when I was born and has been my (and my mom's) doctor ever since. Congratulations!! That is so so exciting! :)

Kristen said...

YAY!!!!!!!!! Congrats girl!! Oh your entire post made me so happy! I am so excited for you guys!! I took just as many tests as you did- I just didn't think it was real so I had to make extra sure! :) I can not wait to see this baby, "it" will be gorgeous! Congrats again!

Angie and Dallas said...

Oh KIM..... CONGRATS GIRLIE!!!! I am so happy for you guys!!! Gosh, look at us all, having kids, growing up! This is such exciting news. Congrats again!!!!

The Richards said...

Congrats! That is the best news I have heard in a long time and I am so happy for you and Jake. You guys will be amazing parents!!!

Alex, Brad, Carly & Devin said...

I love the 3 pregnancy tests!!! You kill me every time! YAY! Congrats, when Jake told us I didn't know what to think. He caught me off guard so I wasn't sure if he was kidding. I am glad he wasn't!! I am going to have so much fun sewing your baby stuff! Get ready!!! Hope you are feeling all right!

The Alvords said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! I am so thrilled for you guys. I thought abut you yesterday and was wondering how you were. I am seriously all smiles right now, just for you. Congratulations Kim and Jake! Our little babes will be friends.

Ashley King said...

There is only one word to sum up how I feel: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

Oh yeah, Congratulations we are seriously so excited for you! That means you knew when we saw you at the Surprise birthday party...I thought you had a little glow to ya (ha ha ha!) Well I'm so glad to hear that everything is going well, and that you have such a great doctor! Our little one's will have to be friends for sure! Anyways congrats again we love you guys and really couldn't be more thrilled!

Heather Strong said...

Congratulations!! That is wonderful and you are going to love being parents!

Tracy Peterson said...

Congratulations!!! You will be the best mom! Miss you!

Carly said...

Welcome to the club! I'm so extremely happy for you guys! Loraca came over to visit me on her lunch break like two days ago and she shared the news. Seriously, I couldn't have been happier to hear that. Aside from the not so cool things that come along with pregnancy... you will love it :) Congrats!

Vernos said...

I'm so happy for you guys!!!!

karamcleskey said...

Kim- I found your blog (hope you don't mind me taking a peek) I am so HAPPY for you! You will be an awesome mom! We miss you guys and CH2!