Friday, February 12, 2010

LOVEly

We had our Valentine's Day Party today. Super fun. The kids kept coming up to me.."This is the best Valentines Party ever!!" I am 99.9% positive this was every single child's FIRST Valentine's Party.

We passed out Valentines..which of course they couldn't read the names on their own. Now that's what adults are really meant for.

We ate lots of sugar. Lots and lots. And lots. Sugar. Lots.

They all left with an understanding of why it is my favorite holiday. How fun is it to make Valentines for all your friends!? I remember doing that just a few years ago :-)...And really, how great is the world on Valentine's Day? Everything is pink!

My classroom looked like tornado/hurricane/earthquake hit all at once...or 24 kids partied in it. Now that kind of mess is one that I TOTALLY love making and cleaning up after. It seriously makes me so happy to see the 'proof' of how much fun these kids had. Cupcake frosting and crumbs ground into the carpet. Candy on the ground. Crushed goldfish all over. Candy wrappers strewn across the tables. And smiles.

I've never seen 5/6 yr olds in such heaven. They were just so happy..makes working with strep throat 110% worth it. How could I miss that!!?

And finally the QUOTE of the day:
"Mrs. Peterson guess what. Kalissa (her little sister) ate WAY too many pink sprinkles and now she has PINK POOP."

Thank goodness for a reason to have a party!

3 comments:

Ali Holt said...

how great would the world really be if everyone pooped PINK!!! seriously!

l.k. said...

Oh my... I feel the exact same way! Craziness that I love. my kids had a blast yesterday too :)

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

Oh how I miss those fun little parties...especially when you send them home knowing you don't have to deal with the sugar crash (ha ha ha!)