Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Rockin' The Derby & Our 2nd Concert Series

Ok so if you have been to the State Fair every year like we have, you know it's kind of nasty to say the least.  Many of my memories leave me with a sour taste in my mouth, not to mention that time of year is when my allergies are causing pure havoc in my life.  Oh and last year's State Fair left me and a couple other innocent participants feeling like we were going to DIE for 12 hours straight (images of the dirty-hands touching my funnel cake cooked in rancid oil haunt my memory).  But hey it's still a tradition, and fun.....

BUT WAIT, A HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE!

The COUNTY Fair is cleaner, less crowded, and offers a good time for all.  Mainly the Derby.  We went there a few weekends ago and had a blast.  Who doesn't love watching beat up tin can cars ram each other and start on fire!! It's glorified bumper cars, and that's why I love it!

My squinty-eyed hubs. 
Jandie and I attended the Petting Zoo..and yes were the only adults in there without children of our own.  Here, Jandie is making eye-contact with her #1 animal...the LLAMA.

I can't decide whether my face looks shocked, overly excited, or terrified. You be the judge.
They had giant turtles hanging out under the feeding cage.
Oh and a baby camel!! Sooo cute. Look at his little mohawk.

The llama politely walked into the corner and peed...for about 10 minutes!
Doesn't look like #5 is getting out any time soon.



Last Saturday, my sister's band was one of the openers for Panjea, a band that played up at The Canyons for their summer concert series.  Kristina plays with the School of Rock, and loves it!! 
She rocks the Bass, and totally fits the profile of a Bass player!
YAY sister!!
She is the only one in the family that can sing..

2 comments:

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

Love the Llama pics, and your sister looks way cool I'm jealous she is real life rock band!

Chelsea said...

Hooray for Llamas! And way to go Kristina!!!!