Monday, August 18, 2008

Lovin It!

                         Stockin' up on essentials..shoes and wheat!
                        Rock on. My husband does 'hick' well.
                            It poured on us at the County Fair Demolition Derby. 
                                          Jordan, Jake's brother, was soaked.

                                      Hence...the plastic sack on Jake's head. 
                                                   Yeah mine didn't work.
                              Ps..Jake cut handle bars to fit in with the 'Derby Folk'





So I am now "off track" which means I have three weeks to do whatever I want!  I don't have to work! Wow how cool is that.  So I thought i would show you what I have been up to...today (since it's the first day of my vacation).
After my morning run and breakfast, I was already bored so I left the house at 9:20 to start the day.  Well, I soon discovered the mall opens at 10. So I went to Target to get some stuff for my classroom, and also some ingredients to make Golden Graham S'Mores for our neighborhood cookout tonight.  Anywho..
Jake and I are slowly building our food storage and have recently purchased hundreds of pounds of wheat.  What do you do with wheat, you may ask? You make stuff! Like bread!  Our food storage is going pretty well, Jake put me in charge of the 3 month supply and he does the years' supply, but we still work together on both.  It's funny how creative I get with my 'canned' goods.  Did you know you can buy Mac N Cheese in a can?  Gross. But you can.  Oh and these crazy things called MRE (Meals Ready to Eat).  They last like 10 years and come in a cardboard box.  Yeah.  We have everything from Enchiladas to Terriyaki Chicken.  I am sure they will taste good only when we are desperate, which is what they are for so that's just dandy.
Today I bought some shoes and they are so cute!  I never ever buy shoes (the last time was like 3 years ago) because I hate shoe shopping.  It's hard to think of all your outfits that you need to match. But I love coming home with my finds because they are so cute!  I should be good for a while...seriously.  I know some of you are like WHAT, you bought three pairs.  Adding them to my current collection should be good though.
Also, Jake and I went to the County Fair Demolition Derby with Jordan, his girlfriend, and a bunch of people.  It was a blast, except it POURED on us!! Poor Jo was soaking wet.  I looked over and and he was all curled up like a drowned rat.  Jake brought us plastic sacks (man i really felt like a hick) but they worked ok.  I love County Fairs.  The lights, rides, food, fireworks...so fun!! I hope to attend the State Fair soon.
Finally, my room is pretty much set up now, besides my Centers.  Look at the dolls the kids made!!! They are suppose to look like themselves.  I love it.  That one looks like an Indian!  

8 comments:

Ashley King said...

I'm coming to your house if we need food when the world ends.

The Richards said...

I like Ashley's idea and hope that you don't mind sharing since the only extra food we ever have on hand consists of ketchup, ranch and the occasional extra box of mac and cheese.

Paul said...

Meals Ready to Eat are a great way to go. I have heard stories of unaware people eating MREs from Vietnam and not knowing the difference. I guess they are like cheese and wine, they get better with age =]
Likely not.

Pew Family said...

My kind of storage! A room full of shoes! That is so funny that you guys went to the demolition derby. I've never been before but it looks like you guys had a ball!

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

I love your classroom...it is so cute with the little kindergarten people hanging from the ceiling...I bet you are loving being off track, sure beats traditional where you would go straight for 10 months! Enjoy it...also we need to get together one of these days!

Vernos said...

I love your room! It's adorable, and I'm sure you are the best kindergarten teacher EVER!! Ps. Hey, whoever said being a redneck wasn't fun?? Demolition Derby's rock the hizouse!!

Chelsea said...

I can totally relate on the shoe thing... I was wearing my "locals" the other day and I just started laughing because they are so awesome. I need to go to forever young and buy 3 pairs of shoes. 3 pairs there is like the same price as 1 pair at Nordy's.

Kristen said...

Oh...by the way...I found your blog!!! Your classroom is so dang cute! Kindergarten then? So fun. I am positive you are great at that. Looks like life with you is fabulous. I will keep checking up on you... It was good to see you last week!